Capsule is a little minimalist capsule hotel located at the Level 1 of the newly opened Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2). It opened almost 4 months ago and has become a place for many frequent travelers and trendsetters to experience comfortable capsule style lodging without worrying about lengthy transits over at the airport.
Capsule is not exactly a room with a view. The sleeping capsule concept originates from Japan – it’s all about comfort, simplicity and function. You get a private container for you to sleep in, on a comfortable mattress, with free WiFi, a locker to keep your luggage in and a hot shower for you to get refreshed before catching your next flight. As simple as that.
The Capsule caters to the basic needs of a traveler inspired from a modern and minimalist living. Designed with a very industrial vibe – think concrete, wooden slats, steel frames & wires and brightly painted containers.
Each capsule is rented by the hour:
- 3 hours for RM45.00
- 6 hours for RM70.00
- 12 hours for RM90.00
What you get
For the price stated above (nett price) you get:
- Your own private capsule – with Orthorest mattress, drawer, WiFi & reading light
- An access card
- Locker’s key to store your luggage. The size of the locker is 33.5 x 24 x 18 cm. For oversize backpack or luggage, just inform the front desk representative that you require assistance.
- Clean towel (given to you in a nice Capsule tote bag, which you can take with you)
- Slippers for indoor usage
- Access to the bathroom with walk-in shower and complimentary shampoo & shower gel
- Access to the common area/lounge where you can sit and relax, update your social media or read a book
For travelers on-the-go (meaning if you don’t want to spend the night in a Capsule) they also provide services such as locker rentals and usage of the shower for a minimal fee. So you can go shopping at the KLIA2 mall without the hassle of lugging your heavy luggage around or opt for a quick shower to freshen up after a long flight.
Here’s a peek inside the Capsule and the facilities from their official Instagram:
Complimentary Capsule Tote bag for every check in guest at the Capsule:
CAPSULE BY CONTAINER HOTEL
Lot L1-2 & 3, Gateway,
Terminal KLIA2, KL International Airport,
Jalan KLIA 2/1, 64000 KLIA, Sepang,
Located at Level 1 of KLIA2 airport. If you come down to Level 1 and see NZ Curry House Restaurant, the Capsule is on the opposite site, just walk past the bus and taxi counters and you will see the Capsule at the other end.
So the next time you need to catch a flight at 6am in KLIA2, perhaps spending a night in the Capsule is an option now 🙂